1 cup wild rice
3 cups water
½ cup diced celery
½ cup diced carrots
¼ cup diced onions
1 cup diced chicken breast
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup shrimp stock or clam juice
1 tsp. freshly chopped thyme
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp. pepper
4 cooked crab claws
Parsley sprig for garnish
- Cook wild rice in 3 cups salted water until done – approximately 45 minutes and set aside.
- Sauté celery, onions and carrots in olive oil until soft. Add chopped chicken breast and sauté several minutes.
- Add chicken stock, shrimp stock, cooked California Wild Rice and seasonings. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add mussels, clams and crab claws and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve in large bowls, perching crab on top. Garnish with parsley.
Chef “Fat Tony” – Café Fine and Domenico’s, Monterey, CA. This recipe was provided by the California Wild Rice Advisory Board.