⅓ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 cups arugula
1 log (4 ounces) goat cheese
½ cup walnuts, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the tops oﬀ beets close to the root and give them a good scrub. Loosely wrap the beets in foil and roast them in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Let the beets cool, then use a paper towel to rub the peel oﬀ.
- Slice the beets into rounds, then quarter slice the rounds.
- Ready your ingredients and skewer the ingredients like an assembly line. Start with two-quarters of beet, a bunch of arugula, then a slice of goat cheese.
- Top the salad sticks with chopped walnuts and a drizzle of vinaigrette.
Recipe and photo courtesy of California Walnuts