1 cup coarse bulgur
1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch scallions, ﬁnely chopped
2 large garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup ﬁnely chopped ﬂat-leaf parsley, or a combination of parsley and dill
2 tablespoons ﬁnely chopped fresh mint
Juice of 1 lemon
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare bulgur according to package instructions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the scallions and cook, stirring, until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and continue to cook until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm garlic and scallion mixture with the cooked bulgur and chickpeas.
- Add the parsley, mint, lemon juice, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and toss together.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper. Serve hot or at room temperature.
An Oldways recipe and photo.
High resolution photo and reprinting permission available upon request. Please contact the Oldways PR & Media Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g