Active time5 minutes
Total time1 hour 10 minutes
Serving Size½ squash boat
1 (2.5-lb) spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 poblano pepper, seeded, ribbed, and chopped
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cumin
1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- Preheat to 400°F. Place squash cut-side down on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for approximately 1 hour, until squash is tender.
- While the squash is cooking, heat oil in a small pot over medium heat. Add peppers and mushrooms and sautée until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, and black beans, and simmer on low for approximately 20 minutes, while the squash continues to cook.
- Once the squash is cool enough to handle, run a fork back and forth across the ﬂesh of the squash. This will separate the ﬂesh into spaghetti-like strings.
- Spoon the vegetable ﬁlling into the squash boats, and mix the strands gently to combine. (Each squash boat serves 2).
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 4.5g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 44g
How'd it Taste?
Review this Recipe