1 cup cooked quinoa (about ⅓ cup raw)
1 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon ground ancho chiles
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon pie spice blend
1 orange bell pepper, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
2 cups vegetable stock
14.5 ounces ﬁre roasted diced tomatoes
1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas (or one can, drained)
1 teaspoon salt
¾ ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- Measure the quinoa and pumpkin and reserve.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and add the onion. Saute for about 10 minutes, then add the garlic. Stir for a couple of minutes, then add the ancho powder, cumin, pie spice, and quinoa. Stir until fragrant.
- Add the peppers, celery, stock, tomatoes and pumpkin and stir to mix. Add the chickpeas and salt and bring to a simmer. Cooker until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chocolate and let it sit on the hot chili until melted. Stir in and cook a little longer to blend the ﬂavors. This will actually be better the next day.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.
Courtesy of Robin Asbell, author of Great Bowls of Food and The Whole Grain Promise. Visit her website for more recipes.
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 2g