⅓ cup walnuts
1 teaspoon honey
12 smoked sardines
8 pieces rye toast
1 cup blue cheese spread
- Preheat a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toast the walnuts in the pan, stirring to avoid burning them. Add the honey to the pan and stir so that the walnuts are well covered. Remove from the heat and let cool in the refrigerator.
- Cut the sardines into cubes, as if making a tartar, and save a bit of olive oil.
- Toast the slice of rye and spread with blue cheese.
- Next, serve the sardine tartar on top of the cheese, add the sweet walnuts, and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy the California Walnut Commission
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrate: 16g