1 cup roasted tomatoes (reserve juices)
6 ﬁnely chopped basil leaves
4 slices whole grain bread
2 ripe avocados
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Zest and juice the lemon separately, and reserve.
- In a small bowl, rub together the lemon zest, basil, and a small pinch of salt.
- Brush sliced bread with tomato juice, season with basil and lemon zest mixture, and black pepper. Grill the bread over medium heat, or toast the bread in a skillet over medium heat until crispy.
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Scoop 3 of the avocado halves into a medium bowl, along with the olive oil, and mash with a fork. Season with salt, pepper, and the reserved lemon juice.
- Thinly slice the remaining avocado half. Spread the mashed avocado mixture across the grilled toasts, and top with sliced avocado and roasted tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the basil mixture over the toasts, and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy FOODMatch
Total Fat: 26g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Sugar: 8g
Added Sugar: 0g