Serving Size1 fillet
1 tablespoon honey
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 (3- to 4-ounce) arctic char ﬁllets
2 tablespoons ﬁnely chopped chives
Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Supreme the oranges and lemon: cut oﬀ both ends of each fruit. Stand each one up on one of its ends and run a knife down the side, removing the rind all the way around the fruit. Discard the rinds. Holding each fruit in one hand, carefully remove each segment of the citrus by running a knife down the side of each membrane and slicing the segment out, dropping it into a bowl. Once all the segments have been removed, squeeze the remaining membranes into the bowl to collect all the extra juice.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the citrus juice from the bowl of orange and lemon segments into a large bowl. Add the honey and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Whisk it together and add the pieces of ﬁsh, tossing to coat. Marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the olive oil into the bowl with the citrus segments. Add the chives and a small pinch of salt. Stir to mix.
- Pour the remaining tablespoon of olive oil onto a sheet pan and rub in a thin, even layer. Take the ﬁsh from the marinade and place skin down on the pan. Discard any excess marinade. Season the ﬁsh with salt and pepper, if desired. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until mostly cooked through.
- Turn oﬀ the oven and move one of the racks so that it’s about 3-4 inches away from the broiler. Turn the broiler to high and return the ﬁsh to this upper rack. Broil for 4-5 minutes until the ﬁsh is sizzling and beginning to crisp at the edges. Remove pan from oven and transfer ﬁsh to a plate or platter. Pour the sauce over the top and serve with extra sauce on the side.
Oldways recipe and photo
Total Fat: 26g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Total Sugar:14 g (Added Sugar: 4g)
Review this Recipe