1 large ripe avocado, halved and seeded (or two small avocados, halved and seeded)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 cup cauliﬂower ﬂorets (small ﬂorets) or crumbles
1 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush cut sides of the avocado with a little oil and set aside.
- Combine cauliﬂower and Brussels sprouts with remaining oil and place on baking sheet lined with non-stick foil. Roast in oven for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and starting to crisp.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Place avocado halves cut side down on the hot grill, and cook just until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon roasted veggies into the grilled avocado halves and season with salt to taste. Serve any extra roasted veggies on the side.
Serving suggestion: Serve with lemon or orange wedges. Variation: add a little diced pancetta or bacon to the veggies before roasting or for a smoky vegan option top with veggie bacon or pan-fried dulse.
Recipe and photo provided by the California Avocado Commission.
Total Fat: 22g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrate: 15g