Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal with an Egg Boost
For oatmeal fans who want more protein in their breakfast, adding yogurt and egg does the trick, making this somewhat like bread pudding. Although 2/3 cup of oats contains 3 grams of protein, you'll get an additional 6 grams of protein by adding the egg, and even more if you top it with yogurt.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- Beat the egg and milk in a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl until blended. Stir in the oats, apple, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Microwave on high until the liquid is absorbed and the egg is set, 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
- Stir and top with yogurt. Garnish with additional chopped apples if you wish.