1 ripe banana,
1 cup raspberries, divided
½ cup blueberries
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (we used nonfat), divided
⅔ cup old fashioned rolled oats, divided
4 teaspoons chia seeds, divided
1 cup water, divided
Optional: honey to taste
- In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork.
- Add half of the raspberries (½ cup) to the bowl and mash them into the banana.
- Add 1 cup plain Greek yogurt to the fruit mixture and mix well.
- Divide the fruit and yogurt mixture into 2 mason jars or bowls.
- To each jar, add 2 teaspoons chia seeds, ⅓ cup oats, ¼ cup blueberries, ¼ cup raspberries, and ½ water.
- Shake up the jar (or stir well) so that the contents are evenly mixed, and refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- As you sleep, the mixture will thicken up and the oats will soften. Taste, and add honey if desired. Serve cold.
An Oldways Whole Grains Council recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups