1 box (14 ounces) tri-color penne
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 clove garlic
2 pints red and yellow cherry tomatoes
¼ cup minced chives
2 small balls fresh mozzarella, chopped
2 cups baby arugula
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with salt and cook the pasta 1 minute less than the required cooking time listed in the package directions.
- Drain the pasta, return to the pot, toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and turn out onto a baking sheet to cool.
- In a small skillet sauté the garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until slightly yellow in color. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the halved cherry tomatoes, minced chives, mozzarella, and arugula. Season with salt and pepper. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice and toss to combine. Add the cooled pasta, sprinkle with the Parmesan, and toss again.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Barilla
Saturated Fat: 4g