Active time20 minutes
2 tablespoons light or dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon sea salt
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
½ cup butter, melted
4 cups pecans, or any other nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the brown sugar, salt, paprika, chili powder, and red pepper. Pour in the melted butter and stir to mix.
- Add the nuts and toss to coat them evenly.
- Spread the seasoned nuts out on a baking sheet, and roast them for 15 minutes or so.
- Your nose will tell you when they are ready! Serve immediately, or let cool and store in a jar for later.
Steve Johnson, from “The Oldways Table”
Protein: 2 grams
Fat: 24 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Review this Recipe