The world is opening up again, and so are opportunities to travel! Whether you’re planning a family vacation, solo exploration, or joining a group tour, it’s time to think about getting back out and exploring the world once again. We know that you’re eager to travel—and that you may have questions and concerns before you book your next getaway. Here are our top travel-savvy tips to help you make sure your trip is safe, stress-free, and fun.
1. Check the cancellation policy
Before you book a hotel, ﬂight, or tour, make sure you know the policy for cancellations and refunds. If your plans change or you need to re-book, what are your options?
This issue is top of mind for many travelers who have dealt with cancellations and travel restrictions due to Covid-19. That’s why, here at Oldways, all registered travelers will receive a refund if a tour is cancelled due to Covid-19.
2. Think about safety ﬁrst
Your safety and peace of mind are a top priority. Here are a few ways to feel secure when you’re on your next trip:
- Download an oﬄine map of your destination. If you can’t get a WiFi or data signal for GPS, you’ll still be able to get oriented and ﬁnd your way around the destination.
- Keep your keys and wallet separate. If you lose your wallet, you’ll still be able to get back to your hotel or rental property.
- Keep one credit or debit card in the hotel safe, says one expert traveler. If you have more than one card, leave one behind. You’ll have a backup in case anything is stolen or misplaced.
- Understand the Covid-19 guidelines in your destination. It’s important to follow the recommended precautions and guidelines in your destination. At Oldways, we’re ensuring all our tours will follow Covid-19 guidelines, and require that all guests are fully vaccinated before joining us on a trip.
3. Eliminate airport anxiety
Landing in a new destination can be disorienting and overwhelming. Look up your options for transport from the airport to your accomodations. Do you want to take a taxi, bus, or subway? Does your hotel have a shuttle or car service? Having a plan in place before you land will make your arrival much smoother. On our group travel tours, we oﬀer an option to arrange cars to take our travelers directly from the airport to the hotel—one less thing to worry about!
4. Plan ahead to enjoy and relax
You don’t want to be scrambling for a last-minute reservation, museum ticket, or tour. Take the time to plan in advance to create an itinerary you and your travel companions will enjoy. Figure out where you want to stay, what you want to see, and the restaurants you’d like to dine in. It’s worth reading reviews, talking to other travelers and locals, and doing the research to ﬁnd memorable experiences. When you arrive, your itinerary is set, and you can enjoy your dream vacation!
On Oldways tours, we do the planning for our travelers—and we’ve done extensive research. We make sure our travelers dine in the best restaurants, stay in luxurious accommodations, and enjoy once-in-a-lifetime cultural tours and experiences that most tourists never see.
Join us on a once-in-a-lifetime travel adventure
Thailand | Turkey | Portugal | Low Country | Hudson Valley | Umbria | Naples & Amalﬁ | Switzerland & Northern Italy
Have a question? We’d love to talk with you! Send us a message and we will be in touch.
Add a Comment