Active time20 minutes
1 bunch Swiss chard, stems only (try making Inzimino with the leaves so nothing goes to waste)
½ cup tahini
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons water
- Clean and cut the Swiss chard stems into cubes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil, add the Swiss chard stems. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the stems are tender (5-10 minutes). Drain the stems and set them aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine the tahini, lemon juice, and water and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir well until you have a nice smooth paste.
- Pour the sauce over the Swiss chard stems and mix to coat the stems.
- Sprinkle the stems with fresh parsley and serve.
Courtesy of Al Wadi Al Akhdar
Saturated Fat: 2g
Review this Recipe