1 (13.25-ounce) box whole grain rotini
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, diced
4 leaves fresh basil, cut into strips
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 clove garlic, pressed
- Cook the rotini according to package directions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until slightly yellow, about 2 minutes. Remove garlic from skillet.
- Add tomatoes to the skillet and sear until slightly blistered, about 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the drained pasta to the skillet. Remove skillet from the heat. Mix well.
- Add cheese, basil, and remaining olive oil to the pasta. Toss to combine.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Barilla