1 pound pasta (shape of your choice, preferably whole grain)
3 tablespoons olive oil infused with garlic, black pepper and balsamic
¾ pound of cherry tomatoes
¾ pound of fresh, raw prawns (shrimp)
1 tablespoon ﬁnely chopped parsley
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and leave whole.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and drizzle in a little of the oil.
- In a deep frying pan, drizzle in the oil and turn to medium heat. Add the prawns to the pan, turning continuously and then add the tomatoes, continuing to turn for a couple of minutes.
- Take the pasta oﬀ the heat and drain, reserving a few tablespoons of the liquid.
- Pop the pasta and the reserved liquid into the pan with the prawns and tomatoes and mix through. Grind over with the black pepper. Presto!
Note: Infused oils pay oﬀ with extra ﬂavor. If they are not available, use extra virgin olive oil and add garlic, pepper and balsamic to taste.
Recipe, content and photo courtesy of Positively Good for You.
Saturated Fat: 1g