⅓ cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
¾ teaspoon garlic salt
6 ounces uncooked whole-grain, wheel-shaped (or any shape) pasta, cooked and drained
1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
¾ cup chopped fresh tomato
½ cup shredded carrot
6 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl until blended. Set dressing aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli, tomato, and carrot and toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and vegetable mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Add eggs to the salad and toss gently and brieﬂy.
- Refrigerate the salad, covered, at least 4 hours to blend ﬂavors.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Egg Nutrition Center
Saturated Fat: 3g
Sodium: 310 mg