1 stick of butter, at room temperature
¾ cup sugar
½ cup tahini
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon orange blossom water
1 medium egg
1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry ﬂour (or white whole wheat ﬂour)
1 tablespoon baking soda
pinch of salt
- Mix butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until light and ﬂuﬀy.
- Stir well the tahini and add. Add honey and orange blossom water and stir well for 3 minutes.
- Add egg and reduce the mixer speed to low.
- In a separate bowl, whisk ﬂour, baking soda and salt together and add slowly to the tahini mixture, mixing well until forming a dough.
- Cover with plastic ﬁlm and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough, and shape into a ball. Arrange the balls on the prepared baking sheets 3 inches apart.
- Dip the tines of a fork in loose ﬂour or warm water and gently ﬂatten each ball with the back of the fork.
- Bake for approximately 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Al Wadi Al Alakhdar.