1 cup canola or olive oil
3 medium zucchinis, washed and grated
1 cup sugar, plus additional for topping
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups white whole wheat ﬂour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease two 8 x 4 inch bread pans.
- Mix together the oil, grated zucchini, 1 cup of the sugar, vanilla, and eggs until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ﬂour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, creamy mixture.
- Divide the batter between the two bread pans. Bake for 15 minutes, and then sprinkle each loaf lightly with sugar (amount to your liking). Bake for another 30-45 minutes (depending upon your oven) until the top is browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then turn out onto wire racks to ﬁnish cooling.
An Oldways recipe