Serving Size4 servings
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- ¼ diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-pound cod ﬁllet (cut into 4 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients for the walnut tzatziki in a small bowl. Stir to blend. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Using a clean towel, gently press to remove water and pat the ﬁsh dry (this is especially important if you’re using thawed ﬁsh, which has more moisture). Drizzle ﬁsh ﬁllets lightly with lemon juice and one tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Pulse the walnuts, lemon zest, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, and remaining olive oil in a blender until it’s the consistency of coarse cornmeal. Firmly press the walnut mixture into the ﬁsh covering the top, sides, and bottom of each ﬁllet.
- Bake ﬁsh at 425°F for 15 minutes for thick ﬁllets or 10 minutes for thin ﬁllets.
Recipe and photo courtesy California Walnuts
Saturated Fat: 2g