Active time25 minutes
Total time35 minutes
Serving Size1/6 recipe
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes (preferably no-salt-added)
1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes (preferably no-salt-added)
1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained (preferably no-salt-added)
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garam masala* seasoning
1 pound white ﬁsh, like cod or haddock
1 orange, peeled and segmented
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Heat a dutch oven or large soup pot over medium heat, then coat with olive oil.
- Add the onion, fennel, and garlic and sauté until onions soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add all of the tomatoes, white beans, salt, and garam masala and cook, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Submerge ﬁsh ﬁllets in tomato sauce, cover with orange segments, then cook, with the lid on, for an additional 5 minutes, until the ﬁsh is cooked through.
- Turn oﬀ heat and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Stir in dill before serving.
* Garam masala is a delicious blend of warming spices that we highly recommend. If you’re unable to ﬁnd it, you can substitute 1 teaspoon cumin and ¼ teaspoon allspice instead of the 1 teaspoon garam masala.
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Total Sugar: 10g (Added Sugar: 0g)
How'd it Taste?
Review this Recipe