2 cups water
½ cup bulgur wheat
1 package (¼ ounce) active dry yeast
1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
½ cup quick-cooking oats
⅓ cup honey
2 tsp. salt
¾ tsp. pepper
2 cups whole wheat ﬂour
2 to 3 cups all-purpose ﬂour
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp. each celery seed, fennel seed, and sesame seeds
1 tsp. poppy seeds
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in bulgur. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the oats, honey, eggs, salt, pepper, cooked bulgur and whole wheat ﬂour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose ﬂour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly ﬂoured surface; knead until elastic, about 6-8 minutes (mixture will be lumpy). Place in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1¼ hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly ﬂoured surface; divide into 22 pieces. Roll each into a ball. Brush two 9-in. round baking pans with some of the oil.
- Arrange 11 balls in each pan; brush tops with remaining oil. Combine the celery seed, fennel seed, sesame seeds and poppy seeds; sprinkle over rolls. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks and let cool to store or serve warm.
NutritionCalories — 157
Total Fat — 3g
Cholesterol — 21mg
Sodium — 227mg
Total Carbohydrate — 29g
Dietary Fiber — 2g
Protein — 5g.