Active time10 minutes
2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 (8.5-ounce) jar sun dried tomatoes in olive oil & herbs
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ lemon juiced
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1½ teaspoon salt
12 to 15 grinds black pepper
¼ cup water
6 fresh basil leaves
Chopped olives, for garnish
- In a blender combine ﬁrst eight ingredients.
- Blend on low speed until smooth.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a few more tablespoons of olive oil to help blend.
- Spoon the hummus into a serving dish.
- Garnish with sliced olives and fresh basil leaves.
- Serve with pieces of pita bread or toasted baguette slices.
Recipe, content and photo courtesy of Mooney Farms
Saturated Fat: 0g
How'd it Taste?
Review this Recipe