2 large bunches carrots, leafy tops trimmed or removed
⅓ cup unsalted pistachios
¼ teaspoon cumin
1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
1/16 teaspoon salt
½ tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1. Heat oven to 385 degrees.
2. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper. On one sheet pan, spread out pistachios. On the other, drizzle carrots with olive oil. Sprinkle cumin on carrots.
3. Roast pistachios for 10 minutes and carrots for 30 minutes.
4. While pistachios and carrots are cooking, mix yogurt with tahini, lemon, salt, and 2 tablespoons water. Mix until smooth so there are no chunks of tahini remaining. For a smoother sauce, add more water.
5. Drizzle carrots with yogurt and top with pistachios and cilantro. Serve with extra yogurt.
Recipe courtesy of Emilia Petrucci and Oldways. Media: contact us for permission to reprint and for a hi-res image.