Active time5 minutes
Total time1 hour 20 minutes
Yield14 half-cup servings
5 cups rolled oats (regular or old-fashioned)
1 cup slivered almonds
¾ cup shredded coconut
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ cup canola oil (or coconut oil)
½ cup real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Mix oats, almonds, coconut, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add oil, then add maple syrup and mix thoroughly. (The oil will coat your measuring cup, helping the syrup slide out easily.)
- Transfer to two rimmed sheet pans, and spread granola evenly in pans.
- Bake at 250°F for 1 ¼ hours, stirring every 20 minutes to allow granola to cook evenly.
- Allow to cool in pans, then store in an air-tight container.
An Oldways recipe and photo.