1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup baby spinach
2 tablespoons Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, chopped
2 tablespoons artichoke hearts, chopped
1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon pine nuts
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon water
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, divided
- Heat the olive oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add spinach, olives, peppers, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and pine nuts. Cook 2 minutes, then place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, water, salt, and pepper. In the same skillet, over medium-high heat, quickly pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Slide the pan back and forth to allow the eggs to cook.
- Once the bottom of the omelet is lightly brown and the top is set, place the sautéed vegetables and 2 tablespoons feta cheese on half of the omelet. Gently fold other half of omelet over vegetables and slide onto plate.
- Serve the omelet immediately with the remaining feta cheese.
Recipe and photo courtesy the Egg Nutrition Center
Total Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 4.5g
Total Sugar: 2g (Added Sugar: 0g)