Active time10 minutes
Total time35 minutes
⅔ cup red lentils, rinsed
⅔ teﬀ grain, ivory
4 cups water
1⅔ cups coconut milk
1 cup sliced onions
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons curry powder
1 ½ cups sliced carrots
1 ½ cups chopped mustard greens
⅔ cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
3 tablespoon ghee, melted
- Combine the lentils, teﬀ, water, coconut milk, onions, and curry powder in a 6-quart soup pot.
- Stir everything together, cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the red lentils dissolve and the teﬀ is tender.
- Add carrots; simmer for 5 minutes or until carrots are bright orange.
- Stir in mustard greens, cilantro, and salt. Taste and adjust the seasonings if desired.
- Melt ghee in a small fry pan. Ladle stew into bowls and serve drizzled with ghee.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Teﬀ Company. Recipe developed by Leslie Cerier.
How'd it Taste?
Review this Recipe