Active time30 minutes
1 ounce whole almonds
1¼ pound dried ﬁgs
4 ounces dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast the almonds in the oven just until they begin to brown and smell fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Cut the dried ﬁgs open and put an almond in the middle. Sprinkle with cloves and orange zest. Press the ﬁgs closed with your ﬁngers.
- Arrange the ﬁgs on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the ﬁgs rest until they are cool enough to handle.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stovetop. Add a pinch of cinnamon and stir.
- Dip the bottoms of the baked ﬁgs in melted chocolate. Place the dipped ﬁgs onto parchment paper to allow the chocolate to cool.
Courtesy of Barilla / Academia Barilla
Saturated Fat: 2.5g