Use this yummy recipe for spiced pecans as a snack or a salad topping. Nuts are high in calories, but they're delicious and healthful when enjoyed in moderation, a handful at a time.
2 tablespoons light or dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 cups pecans, or any other nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the brown sugar, salt, paprika, chili powder, and red pepper. Pour in the melted butter and stir to mix.
- Add the nuts and toss to coat them evenly.
- Spread the seasoned nuts out on a baking sheet, and roast them for 15 minutes or so.
- Your nose will tell you when they are ready! Serve immediately, or let cool and store in a jar for later.