1 Tbsp active dry yeast
¾ cup lukewarm water
1 tsp sugar
1 ½ cups boiling water
1 ½ cups milk
⅓ cup brown sugar
2 tsp salt
1 ½ cups brown ﬂaxseed meal
8 cups whole wheat ﬂour
- Set yeast in the warm water and sugar for 10 minutes.
- Pour boiling water over milk. Add egg, sugar, salt, and yeast mixture to liquid and blend.
- Mix half of the ﬂour and the ﬂaxseed meal together. Add this to the liquid mixture and beat for 10 minutes.
- Gradually add the rest of the ﬂour a cup at a time, kneading to a medium stiﬀ dough.
- Let rise for 45 minutes, punch down. Let rise again 35-45 minutes, punch down and let sit for an additional 20 minutes before shaping into buns.
- Shape the buns and place on greased baking sheet. Let rise until doubled in size (an hour or more).
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
Visit the Bob’s Red Mill website for even more fantastic whole grain recipes.
NutritionCalories — 140
Total Fat — 3g
Saturated Fat — 0g
Sodium — 100mg
Carbohydrate — 25g
Dietary Fiber — 5g
Protein — 5g.