Active time10 minutes
Total time1.5 hours
One head of cauliﬂower
½ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F and place a rack in the middle position
- Wash and dry the cauliﬂower head. Remove the leaves. Flip over and remove the stem by cutting a cone into the bottom of the cauliﬂower with a paring knife. Do not remove too much of the stem or the ﬂorets will start to separate.
- Rub all over with olive oil and salt. Be generous with both!
- Place the cauliﬂower in a cast iron frying pan or an ovenproof dish. Tent it with aluminum foil to retain the heat and steam.
- Cook for 30 minutes, covered.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil, drizzle with more olive oil and then roast for 1 hour.
- Test for doneness by piercing it with a knife. You should not meet any resistance.
- Remove when the cauliﬂower is nicely browned on the outside.
- Transfer to a dish and drizzle with more olive oil to ﬁnish.
To serve, carve it at the table in wedges. Enjoy!
Recipe and photo courtesy of North American Olive Oil Association