Active time10 minutes
Total time1.5 hours
One head of cauliﬂower
½ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F and place a rack in the middle position
- Wash and dry the cauliﬂower head. Remove the leaves. Flip over and remove the stem by cutting a cone into the bottom of the cauliﬂower with a paring knife. Do not remove too much of the stem or the ﬂorets will start to separate.
- Rub all over with olive oil and salt. Be generous with both!
- Place the cauliﬂower in a cast iron frying pan or an ovenproof dish. Tent it with aluminum foil to retain the heat and steam.
- Cook for 30 minutes, covered.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil, drizzle with more olive oil and then roast for 1 hour.
- Test for doneness by piercing it with a knife. You should not meet any resistance.
- Remove when the cauliﬂower is nicely browned on the outside.
- Transfer to a dish and drizzle with more olive oil to ﬁnish.
To serve, carve it at the table in wedges. Enjoy!
Recipe and photo courtesy of North American Olive Oil Association
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
How'd it Taste?
Review this Recipe