1 pint cherry tomatoes
12 ounces whole grain pasta, any shape
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup cashews
1 cup arugula
¼ cup basil leaves, plus 2-3 leaves for garnish
1 clove garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Juice of 1 lemon
⅛ teaspoon salt
2 15-ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained, or ⅔ cup dried white beans, soaked overnight and cooked
½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Roast cherry tomatoes on a sheet pan for 15 minutes.
3. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
4. In a food processor, blend pine nuts, cashews, arugula, basil, garlic, olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon, and salt.
5. Add pesto, tomatoes and beans to cooked pasta. Stir to coat pasta with pesto.
6. Garnish with extra basil and black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Emilia Petrucci and Oldways. Media: contact us for permission to reprint and for a hi-res image.
Total Fat: 13.2g
Saturated Fat: 1.9g
Added Sugar: 0g