Active time5 minutes
Total time1 hour
Serving Size1 sweet potato with stuffing
4 sweet potatoes
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 teaspoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon chili powder
½ cup cilantro, chopped (or Thai basil)
½ cup natural peanut butter
2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
2 Tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
1 large clove of garlic, minced
¼ cup of water
- Preheat oven to 450 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Blot chickpeas with paper towels to dry them, then toss with olive oil, paprika, and chili powder and spread on one baking sheet.
- Use a fork or knife to pierce holes in the sweet potatoes, then set them on the second baking sheet.
- Bake both the sweet potatoes and chickpeas for 35 minutes, until chickpeas are browned, then take the chickpeas out of the oven. The sweet potatoes will likely need an additional 20-30 minutes, depending on size.
- While the sweet potatoes and chickpeas are baking, mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, and water in a small bowl until well combined.
- When the sweet potatoes are baked and cool enough to handle, cut a slit across the top of each of the sweet potatoes, then ﬁll with equal amounts of the baked chickpeas and two tablespoons of cilantro (or Thai basil). Top with a generous drizzle of peanut sauce.
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 21g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Review this Recipe