¼ cup ivory teﬀ
7 Medjool dates, pitted
¾ cup raw cashews, divided
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut chips
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- To toast the teﬀ grains, spread them out on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring periodically. (Alternatively, place the grains in a dry skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until fragrant and toasted.)
- In a food processor ﬁtted with a steel blade, add the dates, ½ cup cashews, cocoa powder, salt, and cinnamon. Process until a smooth paste forms.
- Roughly chop the remaining ¼ cup cashews and the coconut chips.
- Stir the cashews, coconut, and toasted teﬀ grains into the date-cashew mixture.
- Roll into bite-size balls, approximately ½ inch in diameter. Store in an airtight container at room temperature, or in the fridge.
An Oldways recipe and photo, courtesy of Hannah Depin
Total Fat: 6g (Saturated Fat: 1.5 g)
Sugar: 12g (Added Sugar: 0g)