6 ounces pasta, preferably whole grain
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 can (15 oz. or so) low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
6 cups chopped spinach leaves, packed
2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1 pound salmon
- Set a large pot of water to boil, then cook pasta according to instructions (about 8 minutes or so).
- While the pasta is cooking, make the dressing, by combining the garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta, let cool a few minutes, then add to bowl. Add chickpeas, spinach leaves, and feta, and combine well.
- Salad can be eaten as is (slightly warm) or cooled for up to four hours (more may wilt spinach) until you’re ready to eat.
- Grill salmon on an outdoor grill or under a broiler until ﬁsh ﬂakes easily. Time will vary according to thickness of ﬁsh but will usually be 10 minutes or less.
An Oldways recipe and photo
Total Fat 33g
Saturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 51g
Dietary Fiber 10g