6 ounces pasta, preferably whole grain
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 can (15 oz. or so) low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
6 cups chopped spinach leaves, packed
2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1 pound salmon
- Set a large pot of water to boil, then cook pasta according to instructions (about 8 minutes or so).
- While the pasta is cooking, make the dressing, by combining the garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta, let cool a few minutes, then add to bowl. Add spinach leaves and feta, and combine everything.
- Salad can be eaten as is (slightly warm) or cooled for up to four hours (more may wilt spinach) until you’re ready to eat.
- Grill salmon on an outdoor grill or under a broiler until ﬁsh ﬂakes easily. Time will vary according to thickness of ﬁsh but will usually be 10 minutes or less.
An Oldways recipe and photo