2 cups plain Greek yogurt, divided
⅓ cup harissa
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, diced
½ teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoons salt
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic
¼ teaspoon pepper
Optional: Fresh herbs, for garnish (such as parsley, dill, or mint)
- Mix 1 cup of the yogurt with the harissa in a 1-gallon zip-top bag. Add chicken and sweet potatoes and massage to coat. Press out air and seal. Refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Set oven to 425°F. In a medium bowl, combine the leeks, lemon zest, salt, and olive oil.
- Using 2 large baking sheets, arrange chicken and potatoes in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove sheet pans from oven, toss the potatoes, then top each baking sheet with the leeks, and continue cooking until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F, about 25 minutes longer.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix 1 cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoons water, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon the yogurt sauce over the cooked chicken and vegetables before serving, then top with fresh herbs of choice, if desired.
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Sugar: 12g (Added Sugar: 0g)