2 cups white onion, chopped
½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup olive oil
1 (35-ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes with basil
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
2 cups dry red wine
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 cup parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 pounds boneless cod, haddock, or similar ﬁsh, cut in 2” slices
2 pounds shrimp, shelled and deveined
16 small clams, scrubbed
28 mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- Combine the onion, green pepper, and garlic with olive oil in a large pot. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine, lemon, ½ cup of parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the ﬁsh and shrimp, then simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Add the clams and mussels to the pot, cover, and simmer 10 more minutes until the clams and mussels open.
- Discard any unopened clams or mussels. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices.
Recipe and photo courtesy of High Liner Foods by arrangement with the National Fisheries Institute.
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Sugars: 5g (Added Sugar: 0g)