1 can garbanzo beans, cooked
1 red pepper, large (or 2 small)
3 tablespoons tahini
½ lemon (~ 3 tablespoons lemon juice)
2 tablespoons EVOO
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Pinch of paprika
Sea salt, to taste
- First, preheat oven to 450°F. Then, place your red pepper (whole) on a tin foil-line baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes, before ﬂipping sides. Roast for another 15 minutes. At this point, there should be black spots all over the red pepper. If there isn’t, roast longer.
- Once the red pepper has blackened, transfer into a ziplock bag and seal. Let sit for about 15 minutes. This will create steam and make it easier to remove the skin. Peel the red bell pepper. Remove any seeds from the insides and slice into large chunks.
- In a small food processor, place roasted red peppers and the rest of your ingredients. Pulse until smooth.
- Serve with whole grain crackers and raw vegetables.
Recipe Courtesy of Crunchmaster®