Active time25 minutes
Total time25 minutes
Water to cover (about 4-5 cups)
3 pounds of small-to-medium-size potatoes (yellow, red, or white), chopped into quarters
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
8 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch of collard greens, chopped into long, thin strips (chiﬀonade)
pinch of paprika
1 can (15-ounce) of corn, no salt added
1 can (15-ounce) of green peas, no salt added
1 tablespoon dried sage
- Bring your pot of 4-5 cups of water to a boil.
- Drop in the potatoes and boil for about 20 minutes. Set timer for 15 minutes.
- In a smaller pot or pan, add the olive oil and cook on medium heat. Add the garlic, collard greens, paprika, and salt to taste; sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the corn and continue to cook on low-medium heat for another 4-5 minutes.
- At 15 minutes (when your timer goes oﬀ), add the peas to the potatoes to boil.
- When the potatoes and peas are done, drain oﬀ most of the water (leaving about 1⁄2 cup behind) and mash them with a potato masher or large spoon until smooth.
- Stir the greens, garlic, corn, and sage into the potato-pea mash.
- Salt to taste and enjoy!
Note: Frozen corn and peas can be used instead of canned if you prefer.
An Oldways recipe and photo.
Saturated Fat: 0g
Review this Recipe