Active time30 minutes
Total time45 minutes
1 (16 ounce) box cellentani pasta, preferably whole grain
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 pound lamb shoulder, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 ½ cups onion, diced
1 ½ cups carrot, diced
¼ teaspoon turmeric
1 ½ cups zucchini, diced
1 ½ cups tomatoes, diced
2 tablespoons raisins
2 ounces sliced almonds
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a 12-inch skillet with 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper, and sear over medium heat, turning every 2 minutes until browned on each side. Set lamb aside on a plate.
- Turn heat down to medium low and add onion, carrots, turmeric, and cinnamon. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add lamb, zucchini, tomato, raisins, almonds, and ginger to the skillet and cook for 5-10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in the pot of boiling water according to the directions, and drain.
- In a large serving bowl, combine pasta and lamb mixture. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Barilla.
Saturated Fat: 6g
Review this Recipe