Active time10 minutes
Total time30 minutes
YieldAbout 2 cups
Serving Size2 tablespoons
1 lb tomatillos (husks removed)
1 serrano pepper, seeded and halved
1 chipotle morita pepper
1 garlic clove
¼ cup fresh cilantro
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the tomatillos and simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes.
2. Drain the tomatillos, reserving ¼ cup of the liquid.
3. In a blender, puree the tomatillos, serrano and chipotle peppers, garlic, and cilantro. Then, add the reserved tomatillo cooking liquid, if needed to get a saucier texture.
4. Transfer the salsa verde to a bowl and add salt and black pepper to taste.
5. This green salsa can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and can also be frozen.
An Oldways recipe. Photo by Kim Daniels on Unsplash
Total Fat: 0g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Total Carbs: 2g
Total Sugars: 1g (Total Added Sugars: 0g)
Review this Recipe