Active time25 minutes
Total time25 minutes
Serving Size1/2 recipe
½ cup teﬀ
1 cup water
1 ¼ cups soy milk, divided (can substitute almond milk or another milk)
1 small sweet potato, cooked and mashed (skins discarded)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup chopped pecans
- Combine the teﬀ, water, and 1 cup of the soy milk in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes to prevent sticking at the bottom of the pot.
- Once most of the liquid is absorbed, stir in the sweet potato so that it is well distributed throughout the porridge.
- Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and the remaining ¼ cup soy milk, and stir until porridge reaches desired texture. (You can add more milk to thin it out.)
- Divide into 2 portions, then top each portion with 2 tablespoons chopped pecans.
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Sugar: 11g
Added Sugar: 6g
How'd it Taste?
Review this Recipe