Active time15 minutes
Total time1 hour
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ cups ﬂour (preferably white whole wheat pastry ﬂour)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly oil a loaf or cake pan.
- Mix the ﬂour, baking powder and salt in one bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar and eggs until ﬂuﬀy. Gradually beat in the milk, and then the EVOO.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold just until combined.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown. Let the cake cool before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy of FoodMatch.
Total Fat: 22g
Saturated Fat: 3g