Active time25 minutes
Total time9 hours
1 pound cubed, lean beef
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
3 cups peeled sweet potato, cut in 1 inch pieces
2 teaspoons garlic, ﬁnely chopped
1 dry bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
1 large onion, cut into eighths
1 (28 ounce) can low-sodium stewed tomatoes
8 dried apricots, cut in half
Chopped fresh parsley
- Remove excess fat from beef, cut into cubes, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook beef in oil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown.
- Mix beef and remaining ingredients, except apricots and parsley, in a crock pot, and cook on low for 8 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir in apricots and cook on low for about 15 minutes until apricots have softened.
- Discard bay leaf and cinnamon stick, and sprinkle with parsley.
An Oldways recipe
Saturated Fat: 6g
How'd it Taste?
Review this Recipe