2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing the baking pan
3 cups baby spinach
1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
10 large eggs
4 ounces fresh mozzarella
Balsamic glaze, for drizzling (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muﬃn tin with olive oil.
2. In a medium skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Saute the spinach and tomatoes until wilted, then place in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Add the basil, salt, pepper, garlic, and eggs to the mixing bowl with the spinach and tomatoes. Using ¼ cup measuring cup, pour the mixture into the muﬃn tin to make 10 egg muﬃns.
4. Chop the fresh mozzarella into small bite-sized pieces. Distribute evenly over the 10 muﬃns by sprinkling the mozzarella over the muﬃns.
5. Bake 18-23 minutes, until the eggs are set.
6. To serve, drizzle with balsamic glaze (optional)
Recipe and photo courtesy the Egg Nutrition Center
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Sugar: 0g (Added Sugar: 0g)