16 large strawberries (about 1 pint)
4 ounces cream cheese
2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
¼ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped chives
½ teaspoon ground white pepper, plus more to taste
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste
- Cut a sliver of each strawberry and reserve. Using a small melon baller, hollow out a small portion of the strawberry and set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese and blue cheese. Add pistachios, chives, and pepper, and mix to combine.
- Pipe cheese mixture into the strawberries.
- In a blender, purée the reserved hollowed-out strawberries and balsamic vinegar. Slowly pour in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour thin strips of vinegar mixture onto plates, and place strawberries on top.
Recipe Courtesy of Clemson Blue Cheese
Total Fat: 12g
Total Sugar: 3g (Added Sugar: 0g)