Active time30 minutes
Total time40 minutes
Serving Size1/4 recipe
1 large zucchini, sliced
½ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon pepper, divided
½ cup toasted, chopped walnuts
1 bunch beet greens, washed thoroughly (can substitute with 1 ½ cups spinach)
2 garlic cloves (peeled)
½ cup fresh basil leaves
1 lemon (zested and juiced)
⅓ cup olive oil
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
8 oz whole grain pasta, cooked according to package instructions
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Season zucchini slices with ¼ teaspoon salt & ¼ teaspoon pepper and roast for 25 minutes.
- While the zucchini is cooking, add walnuts to a high powered blender or food processor, and pulse until it reaches a ﬁne meal.
- Add the beet greens, garlic, basil, lemon juice & zest, half of the olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and pulse until the mixture begins to combine (you may need to pause and scrape down the sides).
- Slowly drizzle in the remaining olive oil and blend until well combined.
- In a large bowl, toss cooked pasta with the zucchini, chickpeas, tomatoes, and pesto sauce.
An Oldways Whole Grains Council recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 31g
Saturated Fat: 4g
How'd it Taste?
Review this Recipe