Sun-Dried Tomato Torte
This quick and easy recipe makes use of traditional Mediterranean dips that you can find in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. Feature this at your next special occasion for a simple but elegant addition to the table.
1 (2-pound) wheel brie cheese, well chilled
1 (8.5-ounce) jar sun-dried tomato pesto
1 (8-ounce) jar prepared green basil pesto
Fresh basil leaves and toasted pine nuts for garnish
- With a sharp knife, slice the brie into 3 equal section horizontally.
- Spread half of the sun-dried tomato pesto on the bottom third of the brie, then spread half of the basil pesto in equal thickness on top of the sun-dried tomato pesto.
- Place the second slice of brie on top of the green pesto.
- Repeat the layering of sun-dried tomato pesto and green basil pesto and top with the last slice of brie.
- Chill until ready to serve. For easier serving, slice the finished torte into four equal wedges. Decorate with fresh basil leaves and toasted pine nuts.