1 tablespoon Extra Virgin olive oil
1 medium size yellow onion
1 teaspoon curry
1 teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon allspice
A pinch of cayenne pepper
2 cans garbanzo beans (14.5 oz), no salt added, or thoroughly rinsed and drained
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz), no salt added
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into a deep pan, shallow pot, or dutch oven; cook on medium heat until the oil is hot.
- Add the diced onions and let them simmer in their juices, stirring just a couple of times, until they are translucent (about 4 minutes).
- Add all your spices.
- Let the spices cook into the onions for about 2 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, with their liquid, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the two cans of chickpeas and toss to cover; let them simmer on medium-low for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, add a pinch or two of salt to taste.